Published on September 25th, 2018 | by Nicolas Zart0
Groupe PSA Says 15 New Models Will Be Electrified
September 25th, 2018 by
Groupe PSA, which includes Peugeot, Citroen, DS, Vauxhall, and now Opel, says it will offer 15 electrified versions of all of its new cars designed as of 2019.
Groupe PSA Electrifies New Cars
>Groupe PSA has gone through a few shaky decades but seems to have found some peace and reprieve these past few years, especially now thanks to Vauxhall and Opel. Although Groupe PSA previously offered electric vehicles via its Peugeot iOn and Citroen C-Zero, rebadged versions of the Mitsubishi i-MiEV, it also had a diesel plug-in hybrid (PHEV) minivan. Unfortunately, the vehicle never received the development it needed and Peugeot eventually abandoned it.
Yesterday, Groupe PSA announced its electric future strategy, which includes that each new PSA vehicle designed as of 2019 will either have to include a fully electric or hybrid/plug-in hybrid (PHEV) option. This is similar to plans already reported by Volvo, BMW, Mercedes, Jaguar, and others.
According the to the press release: “The Groupe PSA’s five brands will offer clean mobility solutions in the form of all-electric, zero-emission vehicles or plug-in hybrid emitting less than 49g/km of CO2.”
Concretely, Groupe PSA says it will launch 15 new electrified vehicles in just two years. Eight will be new PHEVs, including the DS 7 Crossback E-tense 4×4, Peugeot 3008, Peugeot 508 and 508 SW, Citroën C5 Aircross, Vauxhall Grandland X, Opel Grandland X. Additionally, seven new electric models are expected. One of those will be the DS 3 Crossback E-tense, the first vehicle of the new electric generation that was just revealed.
A new line of PHEV engines for the PHEVs using four-wheel and four-drive mode, including the company’s HYBRID4, was also introduced. The PHEV uses 300V lithium-ion battery packs (11.8 to 13.2 kWh), giving the vehicles an estimated 30 miles range on electricity.
The Groupe PSA unveiled four vehicles in Paris last week, with reservations available for the DS 3 Crossback La Première Limited Edition.
- DS 3 Crossback SUV, with the 100% electric version being the DS 3 Crossback E-Tense;
- DS 7 Crossback E-Tense 4×4 — equipped with a highly-versatile PHEV powertrain;
- DS E-Tense FE 19 — 100% electric single-seat race car from the FIA Formula E championship, displayed in its new 2018/2019 livery;
- DS X E-Tense — the brand’s fully electric “dream car,” the vision of luxury for 2035.
>As far as the pure electrics, the unveiling of the fully electric DS 3 Crossback E-Tense is the most promising. It will go on sale by the second half of 2019, but the price wasn’t quoted in the release. So far, the group has revealed the EV will have a potential range of 200 miles (320 km), or on the European cycle 265 miles (430 km). Groupe PSA said it focused particularly on regenerative braking recouping up to 20% of the lost momentum.
DS 3 Crossback E-Tense Quick Specs:
- Electric motor: 100 kW/136 hp
- Torque: 260 Nm (~192 Lb. Ft.)
- 50kWh lithium-ion battery
- New climate control heat pump generation for optimal cabin and battery life
- 0 to 30 mph (0 to 50 km/h) in 3 seconds
- 0 to 62 mph (0 to 100 km/h) in 8.7 seconds
You can read the rest of the vehicles in the press release here.
So Steve, yes, the Groupe PSA DS electric SUV IS coming the the US at some point!
- >Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- >Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- >Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- >Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- >Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- >Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- >Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- >Click to share on Flipboard (Opens in new window)
- >Click to print (Opens in new window)
- >Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- >Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)
- >Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- >Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- >Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
Tags: Citroën C5 Aircross, DS 3 Crossback E-Tense, DS 7 CROSSBACK E-TENSE 4x4, DS E-TENSE FE 19, DS X E-TENSE, Electric SUV, Opel, Opel Grandland X, Peugeot, Peugeot 3008, Peugeot 3008 SUV, PEUGEOT 508, Peugeot 508 and 508 SW, Peugeot 508 SW, Peugeot DS 7 Crossback E-tense 4x4, PSA, Vauxhall, Vauxhall Grandland X
About the Author>
Nicolas Zart Nicolas was born and raised around classic cars of the 1920s, but it wasn't until he drove an AC Propulsion eBox and a Tesla Roadster that the light went on. Ever since he has produced green mobility content on various CleanTech outlets since 2007 and found his home on CleanTechnica. His communication passion led to cover electric vehicles, autonomous vehicles, renewable energy, test drives, podcasts, shoot pictures, and film for various international outlets in print and online. Nicolas offers an in-depth look at the e-mobility world through interviews and the many contacts he has forged in those industries. His favorite taglines are: "There are more solutions than obstacles." and "Yesterday's Future Now"
Source : https://cleantechnica.com/2018/09/25/groupe-psa-says-15-new-models-will-be-electrified/Thank you for visit my website