An Elkhart man faces charges he molested a young girl.
Christian Rentas Benitez, 27, was arrested Sunday on a warrant and jailed on two felony charges of child molesting.
The investigation started after a 6-year-old girl complained to her mother of pain in June, according to a probable cause affidavit filed Aug. 17, the same day as the warrant to arrest Rentas Benitez was filed.
The girl told investigators Rentas Benitez molested her at his home in the 2000 block of Morton Avenue about 10 different times. She said Rentas Benitez also threatened to punish her if she told anybody about the activity, the affidavit shows.
Rentas Benitez was jailed on a $150,000 bond. He made his initial appearance on the charges before a judicial magistrate on Monday, court information shows.
An Elkhart man is charged with multiple counts of battery after he was arrested twice in a four-day period for incidents that involved a stabbing and tussling with police.
Keane Engelberg, 33, 620 Jordan St., was first arrested last Thursday after Elkhart police responded to a call in which Gage Oswalt was stabbed in the shoulder and injured during an argument at a house in the 700 block of Bower Street. Engelberg was jailed on a charge of battery resulting in bodily injury with a weapon in that incident, police reports show.
Then early Sunday morning, a fight at a house in the 600 block of Jordan Street led to a confrontation between Engelberg and Elkhart police.
Engelberg fought back as police started to take him into custody. During the struggle, a stun gun was fired at him, but had no effect, and he tried to take an officer’s gun, police said in a report.
He was eventually subdued and arrested. Two officers were also treated for minor injuries as a result of the incident, police said.
Engelberg was jailed in this case on two counts of battery to a police officer, a resisting arrest charge and a domestic battery charge, police said.
• David Craft, 55, 1525 Osolo Road, Middlebury, was arrested by Elkhart County police and jailed on a charge of driving as a habitual traffic violator following a two-vehicle crash at C.R. 8 and C.R. 31 in Bristol around 12:30 p.m. Sunday.
• Tessa Bryan, 28, 13433 C.R. 2, Middlebury, was arrested by Goshen police and jailed on charges of possession of methamphetamine, possession of drug paraphernalia and possession of syringes following a traffic stop at Main and Pike streets around 9:30 a.m. Sunday.
• Manuel Hererra, 22, 1501 S. Allen Drive, Goshen, was arrested by Elkhart police and jailed on a charge of operating a vehicle while intoxicated following a traffic stop at 799 N. West Blvd. in Elkhart around 4:10 a.m. Sunday.
• Donta Wilson, 30, 302 Kansas Drive, Goshen, was arrested by Elkhart County police and jailed on a charge of operating a vehicle while intoxicated following a traffic stop on U.S. 33 at Market Centre in Goshen around 3:30 a.m. Sunday.
• Erin Perillo, 21, 1804 Westplains Drive, Goshen, was arrested by Elkhart County police and jailed on a charge of operating a vehicle while intoxicated following a traffic stop at Ind. 19 and South Hively Avenue in Elkhart around 3:15 a.m. Sunday.
• Jacob Salazar, 24, 51212 C.R. 5, Elkhart, was arrested by Elkhart County police and jailed on a charge of possession of a controlled substance following a traffic stop on Ind. 120 near C.R. 19 in Bristol around 1:10 a.m. Sunday.
• Alejandro Bueno, 21, 811 Emerson St., Goshen, was arrested by Elkhart County police and jailed on charges of operating a vehicle while intoxicated, possession of marijuana and driving without a license following a traffic stop at C.R. 45 and Sunnyside Avenue in Elkhart around 12:30 a.m. Sunday.
• Daniel Espinoza, 19, 1209 Rosemare Court, Goshen, and Tom Ho, 20, 2603 Lismore Drive, Goshen, were arrested by Elkhart County police on multiple charges following a traffic stop, in which they were passengers in a vehicle, at Elkhart and Bashor roads in Goshen around 11:50 p.m. Friday.
Espinoza was jailed on charges of possession of a controlled substance, possession of marijuana and illegal consumption of alcohol. Ho was jailed on charges of possession of marijuana and illegal consumption of alcohol. The driver of the vehicle, Javier Carrillo, 22, 22455 Blossom Court, Goshen, was arrested on a charge of possession of marijuana and then released at the scene with a citation to appear in court.
• Elkhart County police arrested a juvenile on a charge of illegal possession of weapons after the youth was found carrying two loaded guns in the area of C.R. 23 and First Street in New Paris around 10:20 p.m. Friday. The juvenile was taken to the Elkhart County Juvenile Detention Center, police said.
• Kloe Grandstaff, 19, was arrested by Elkhart county police on a charge of illegal possession of alcohol following a traffic stop at Ind. 15 and Ind. 120 in Bristol around 9:15 p.m. Saturday. Grandstaff was released at the scene with a citation to appear in court.
• Nicholas Harder, 24, Mishawaka, was arrested by Elkhart County police on a charge of possession of marijuana following a traffic stop at Ind. 119 and C.R. 17 near Goshen around 6 a.m. Saturday.
• Alice Garcia, Goshen, was checked for neck pain after the pickup truck she was driving was struck from behind by an SUV driven by Robert McFadden, Niles, Michigan, at Indiana and West avenues in Goshen around 5 p.m. Sunday, according to a report by Goshen police.
McFadden was not injured in the crash.
• Jorge Chinchilla, Bourbon, complained of shoulder pain after the car he was driving collided with an SUV driven by Kim Cramer, Elkhart, at Ferndale and Midway roads in Goshen around 4 p.m. Sunday, according to a report by Goshen police.
Cramer was not injured in the crash.
Both men claimed the other failed to stop at stop signs at the intersection, police said in the report.
• Rex Wert reported to Elkhart County police he was battered by a person at New Paris Speedway, 16806 C.R. 46, in New Paris around 9:45 p.m. Saturday.
• Timothy Michael reported to Elkhart County police he was pushed out of a building by a tenant and almost fell during an incident at Forever Transport, 502 E. Walnut St., Millersburg, around 9:45 a.m. Friday.
Lisa Collins, Goshen, reported to Goshen police a theft by someone she knows at a house at 401 Middlebury St., around 10 a.m. Sunday.
Goshen police issued a trespass warning to a person at McDonald’s, 1706 Elkhart Road, after restaurant staff called police around 4 p.m. Sunday.
Daisy Gaspar, Goshen, reported to Goshen police her vehicle was damaged while it was parked across the street from her home, 517 S. Sixth St., around 11 p.m. Sunday.
Goshen police worked to have an abandoned vehicle removed from the Meijer property, 4522 Elkhart Road, Sunday.
Police were initially called about the vehicle after it was found vandalized on Aug. 19. Police contacted the owner and were told he would move it. But after a week, the vehicle remained at the scene. When police returned to impound the vehicle Sunday, they found it was vandalized again and items were missing. Police were unable to contact the owner this time, according to a police report.
Source : http://www.goshennews.com/news/police_news/police-news-elkhart-man-accused-of-child-molestation/article_823043ab-c876-5d7c-9e3a-e13a41302ba3.htmlTerima Kasih for visit my website